During January, February and March HM Revenue & Customs will be sending out new tax codes for 2012-13.

You may get a PAYE Coding Notice from HMRC telling you what your new tax code will be for the tax year 2012-13.

Your new tax code will be used by your employer or pension provider from the 6 April 2012 to make sure you pay the right amount of tax.

Not everyone needs to get a Coding Notice, so don’t worry if you don’t receive one – your employer or pension provider will still be able to update your tax code on the 6 April.

Your Coding Notice is for you to keep. HMRC will send your new code to your employer or pension provider.

If you have receive a notification from HMRC that you have a new tax code, please contact us – HMRC no longer issue us a copy!

2012-13 PAYE Coding Notices – for individuals
Tagged on: